Future live chat events:
*Read archived chat here. New site location here.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nuesse Live Feed?

Where's the Nuesse footage?! Was that a live feed? If so, hopefully the SR will upload some highlights.

If you were able to watch it, what happened? (Woops, maybe I should read the comments first before I start asking questions.)

A commenter:

I listened to this in the background today for about two hours. They spent alot of time talking about dispatch and how lousy some other officials are. I don't think they made a single dent in addressing the actual charges for which she was fired. I can only imagine that their strategy is to put political pressure on the Commission to get her rehired. I guess that is why she hired a showman attorney and not an employment attorney.

My wife concurs that it was kinda boring, unremarkable.

I imagine it's difficult to stay on task (talk about the actual charges, evidence in support of) when the actual charges are an embarassing example of pettiness. Also, I really don't think she'll go back to working for this city. I'd like to be proven wrong, but i think her main concern at this point is keeping her law enforcement career viable.

...And let's go through those charges that could potentially end her career:

1. The parking ticket.
2. Allegedly lying about status of dispatch - which was probably just a biased interpretation of what she said. Somebody prove me wrong.
3. Stopped beat cops from taking free coffee.
4. Wouldn't let Captain Sam have a new website.
5. Stopped everybody from parking in the big circle.

What did I forget?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to feel like I'm back on the SR site! If you go to www.sanduskyregister.com/features/nuesse and look at the article that states "Kline fires Chief Nuesse". These are the real reasons she was fired. She needs to address these reasons, anything else and she is just wasting everyones time and money.

You bring up an intersting idea that she is really just trying to make her career viable. The whole presentation today seemed more about her resume than addressing Kline's reasons for firing her.

Bryan said...

Feel like you're on the SR?! Are you implying that I'm in the Nuesse tank?!

I read that story - but more importantly I read the source document. (Kline's four page letter.) Kline went into some detail on why he fired her. If that's his best case, it seemed a little weak. Just my opinion. Several of his reasons are based on interpretation. There are several reasons why Nuesse said the things she said - and hopefully they're getting it hashed out in the trial. I think it seems weak for Kline to use that ticket as the slam dunk move at the end.

I guess we'll wait to see what happens...

Anonymous said...

After sitting through both yesterday's and today's hearing I have to say this city is in deep trouble. That attorney Bailey made those city attorney's look absolutely stupid. If this is all the city has they better be looking at ways to get more money into the general fund as Nuesse is going to clean their clocks. I at first thought the city had a case but after watching all this unfold I cannot believe we the tax payer are paying this judge $400 an hour to listen to the drivel the city is using as a case. If it wasn't for the judge getting paid by the hour he would have thrown this out long ago. We need to get rid of Kline and the city commissioners that allowed this to go on.